China India skirmish
Sequence of events of incursion by Chinese troops at the Indian border.
- by Rishi Singh
1. The buildup of the 9th December at Thang La started around last week of November 2022 when the frequency of face-offs in the sector spiked suddenly. Battalion Commanders alarmed by the sudden increase in sightings of PLA patrols in their AOR quietly reinforced their flanks.
2. Alert troops at posts overlooking known PLA ingress positions with HHTI (Hand Held Thermal Imagers) reported large body of PLA troops forming up using the fog as cover. SITREP at 6am on 9th December 2022 was sent to Brigade HQ and QRTs placed strategically were mobilized.
3. The PLA which had conducted a detailed headcount of the number of troops at Thang La was confident that they would be able to overwhelm the the 50 odd troops with a 6:1 superiority. Unknown to them IA QRTs which had moved in from the rear echelons were already in position but not visible to PLA sensors.
4. As the battalion sized force of the PLA attempted to surround Thang La , the IA troops at Thang La formed a human chain around the post to deter the large PLA. A lot of cursing , pushing ensued with soldiers from both sides grappling bulky winter clothing.
5. Taking advantage of the chaos PLA troops at the rear armed with tasers, spiked clubs & monkey gloves moved towards the front to surprise the IA troops. All of this was being quietly observed by the IA Command Post which quickly radioed multiple QRTs to reinforce Thang La.
6. Closely placed echelons of IA QRTs on the lower ridges and the river valley were quickly able to reinforce the 50 troops firmly facing the PLA onslaught and reinforcements poured in from multiple directions immediately after being radioed.
7. What started with abuses and stone pelting gradually progressed to fisticuffs and then fierce hand to hand combat where the PLA troops were overpowered and in some cases their weapons were used against them.
8. This free for all went on until the PLA found itself losing ground with many of their troops overpowered and battered while IA troops kept pouring in with their own melee weapons.Things went south from there and the PLA troops started falling back.
9. The IA troops were in no mood to relent and went after the retreating PLA troops who were running for their lives after having borne the burnt of the counter-attack. Gunshots were heard from the PLA's rear as they attempted to deter further assault.
10. The area of the faceoff has been reinforced with a Bde size force and the units in the vicinity are on a high state of alert. All in all a very comprehensive drubbing for the PLA with a dozen plus of their troops dead or extremely critical (skulls opened/crushed)