Make Luscious Lavender Lip Balm For this Winter
Winter is just around the corner and at this time of the year, many of us suffer from dry lips. So, instead of licking your lips and making them drier, try this homemade lip balm recipe shared by Syeda Kiran Zahra Hussain, Certified Holistic Nutrition Therapist, SNHS , UK. Certified Health Coach, IIN, US.
• 4 tbsp jojoba, almond, or olive oil
• 1 tbsp grated beeswax or beeswax pearls
• 1 tsp honey
• 1/4 tsp vitamin E oil (or 3 punctured, squeezed out liquid vitamin E capsules)
• 7 drops lavender essential oil (or other essential oil)
• 1 tsp cocoa powder (optional)
1. Warm the oils, beeswax and honey in a small, stainless steel pot or bowl. Be sure to warm it on very low heat.
2. Stir until the beeswax is completely melted.
3. Remove from heat and quickly whisk in the essential oil, vitamin E and cocoa powder.
4. Place the bottom of the bowl into a shallow pan of ice water and continue whisking quickly as you add the honey.
5. Once the honey is added, quickly transfer the balm into your lip balm container (tube or tin) and allow it to set for 3 hours.