A.B. Khaleel Ahmed Baaqavee
Social activist, Teacher, Writer, Journalist, Poet, Politician, Author, Editor ...
- by Subbu
A.B. Khaleel Ahmed Baaqavee is a versatile person involves in various social activities in Kuwait as well as in India. He was born in Parangipettai, historically called Porto Novo ("New Port" in Portuguese) in Cuddalore district in Tamil Nadu, to the couple A.K. Abdul Bari and S. Saharwan Beevi. He did his schooling in Parangipettai and college education in Kottakuppam, Adirampattinam and Vellore. He has secured Moulavee Aalilm graduate degree in Islamic at Baqiyathus Saalihaath Arabic College, Vellore in 1997 and Afzal-Ul-Ulamaa (B.A.) at University of Madras in 1997, Master Degree (M.A., Philosophy & Religion) at Madurai Kamaraj University in 2001 and another Master Degree (M.A., Arabic) at University of Madras in 2002.
He actively participated in the National Cadet Corps (NCC) Junior Division for a period of one year during 1985. Later on, he did Diploma in Computer Application Course at India Computer Technology, Chennai and Various computer Certificate Courses @ Centre for Computer & Management Studies, Kuwait and also completed a certificate course on Mahathma Gandhi thoughts.
Since 1995, he is the student reporter of the Marumalarchi Weekly, Tiruchirappalli, he also contributes articles to other daily, weekly, monthly and special magazines.
He started his career as a teacher in 1997 as Arabic, Tamil & Moral Teacher and Imam (Imam is an Islamic leadership position. It is most commonly used as the title of a worship leader of a mosque) at Crescent School, Vandalur, Chennai and Kalima School & Qadiriya Masjid at Parangipettai.
He came to Kuwait in the year 2003 and having wide experience in the field of teaching, documentation, administration & public relation at various companies like Islam Presentation Committee (IPC), Al-Ameen Umra Service, Bukhamseen Design, Gulf North Africa Holding Company & General Printers. Presently, he is working as Project Coordinator & Secretary in The Industrial Bank of Kuwait since 2011.
Khaleel Baaqavee is the founder of SeaTop (Social Educational Awareness Trust of Porto-Novo) Trust, Parangipettai a non-governmental organization involved in the Social Educational Awareness in Parangipettai.
Apart from his official responsibility with sincerity and honesty, Khaleel Baaqavee is leading the Kuwait Tamil Islamic Committee (K-Tic) as General Secretary, which is one of the well-known social organizations among Tamil communities in Kuwait and a non-profit Socio-Welfare Islamic Organization serving the whole Tamil community residing in Kuwait.
He is well-known globally in the media as Parangipettai Khaleel Baaqavee, reaching out to millions with news and events updates, not only in Kuwait but also giving global coverage for the benefit of the concerned persons. Moreover, he is actively involved with various other Associations, as Advisor / Well-wisher and associate with them, in their good community services.
Khaleel Baaqavee is credited with several articles on the various magazines. He has been actively involved in attending as well as conducting many conferences, workshops and seminars at many places and delivered keynote addresses too. He has also appeared on several television and radio programs. He has participated and won a lot of prizes and certificates in the competitions.
Khaleel Baaqavee is a human rights activist based in Kuwait, who helps such stranded Indians and Srilankans. He raised and continued his voice for the sake of wage affair for the workers of Kuwait Kharafi National Company. He did many activities through Kuwait Tamil Islamic Committee (K-Tic) during the amnesty period given by the Kuwait Government on 2018.
Even after so much of success and achievements, Khaleel Baaqavee still continues to be a simple and kind person who is readily approachable to all, especially when it comes to sharing his knowledge. He treats all as family and guides to work effectively and efficiently.
Khaleel Baaqavee provides his assistance / support through K-Tic, for the needy Indian and Srilankan Nationals in coordination with other associations to provide the required help in a possible way. He is dedicative and happy to serve the community on his free time. He is actively involves in the social media and handles various YouTube, Facebook, WhatsApp, Telegram, Viber, Yahoo, and Google groups/pages as admin.
Behind every man's success, there is a woman; For Khaleel Baaqavee, it is his lovely wife Junaitha Begam, a very good thinker, advisor & house maker. They have three lovely daughters Zainab, Hafsah & Safiyyah and one lovely son Thalhah. His close friends and other family members have always been a great support and strength in all his achievements. He is fond of reading books, searching for new information and spending time with relatives and friends.
Khaleel Baaqavee’s Social Service activities:
- Coordinator - Foreign Relationship Department, Ministry of Awqaf & Islamic Affairs, Kuwait
- Khatheeb (Sermon) - K-Tic Tamil Mosque, Kuwait
- General Secretary - Kuwait Tamil Islamic Committe (K-Tic), Kuwait
- Librarian In-charge - As-Siraaj Tamil Public Library, Kuwait
- Principal - Al-Fath’h Training Institute for Qura’an and Languages, Kuwait
- Manager & Chief Guide - Ar-Rahman Haj & Umrah Service, Kuwait
- Honorary President - Kuwait Porto-Novo Islamic Association (KPIA), Kuwait
- Principal Advisor - Quaid-e-Millath Forum (QMF), Kuwait
- Kuwait Organizer - Tamilnadu State Jamathul Ulamaa Sabai
- Kuwait Organizer - Tamilnadu Muslim Thondu Iyakkam
- Support Team Member - The Rise, Kuwait
- Kuwait Organizer - Islamiya Ilakkiya Kazhagam, Tamilnadu
- Kuwait Organizer - LIBAS Alumni Association, (Vellore BSA College Students Forum)
- Founder - SeaTop (Social Educational Awareness Trust of Porto-Novo) Trust, Parangipettai
- Founder - Daarul Uloom Training Center, Parangipettai
- Honorary President - Parangipettai Town Indian Union Muslim League (IUML)
- Principal Advisor - Parangipettai Town Jamathul Ulamaa Sabai
- Executive Member - Parangipettai Islamic United Jamaath
- Member - Dr. Abdul Kalam Trust for Future Vision, Tamilnadu
- Member - Dr. Abdul Kalam Trust for Educational & Greenery, Tamilnadu
- Advisor - Vallinam Tamil Sangam, Tiruchirappalli
- Member - Ulaga Tamil Sangam, Madurai
- Founder - SSLC’ 90 Alumni Forum (Parangipettai Govt. Hr. Sec. School Students Forum)
- Member - Tamilnadu Arabic Association
Social Service details in Media….
- Kuwait Reporter - Dinamalar Tamil Daily, Chennai
- Kuwait President - Islamic Journalist Welfare Association (IJWA), Tamilnadu
- Director - Tamil News Bureau of Kuwait (TNBK)
- Editor - www.mypno.com & www.k-tic.com
- Editor - Pirai Newsletter Tamil Monthly, Kuwait
- Sub-Editor - Eniya Dhisaigal Tamil Monthly, Chennai
Contributions to various Associations:
- Ex. Vice-President - Parangipettai People Forum
- Ex. Joint Secretary - Sunnath Wal Jamath Youth Federation, Parangipettai
- Ex. Co-Editor - Kanaiyazhi Tamil Special Magazine, Parangipettai
- Ex. Co-Editor - Saaral Tamil Monthly, Chennai
- Ex. Co-Editor - The Crescent Special School Magazine, Chennai
- Ex. Sub-Editor - Al-Bushra Arabic Monthly, Kuwait
- Ex. Reporter - Marumalarchi Weekly, Tiruchirappalli
- Ex. Executive Member - Tamilnadu Muslim Cultural Association (TMCA), Kuwait
- Ex. Executive Member - Iqr’a Islamci Association (IIC), Kuwait
- Ex. Executive Member - Tamilosai Poets Association, Kuwait
- Dr. Abdul Kalam Award - Udhavum Uravugal Trust, Madurai, Tamilnadu - Feb.’ 2020.
- Abdul Kalam Award 2020 - Dr. Abdul Kalam Trust for Educational & Greenery, Chengalpattu, Tamilnadu - Jan’ 2020.
- Karpaga Virutcham Award - Karpaga Virutcham Monthly Magazine, Krishnagiri, Tamilnadu - Jan’ 2020.
- International Excellence Organization Award 2019 - The Universal Tamil University, Madurai, Tamilnadu - Dec.’ 2019
- Maulana Abul Kalam Azad National Education Award 2019 - Skilled Youth Professional Association, Chennai, Tamilnadu - Nov.’ 2019
- Best Organization Award - Kamalalayam Trust, Madurai, Tamilnadu - Aug.’ 2019
- Sevai Chudar & Power of Mumbai Awards - Makkal Sandhippu Daily Paper, Mumbai, Maharashtra - June’ 2019
- Dr. Abdul Kalam Award - Udhavum Uravugal Trust, Madurai, Tamilnadu - May.’ 2019
- Best Social Worker Award - Thamiz Thai Trust, Malaysia - Mar.’ 2019
- Thalamuthu Natarasan Award - Senthamilz Paasarai, Kuwait - Mar.’ 2019
- Maarkathin Thozhar Award – Thinnai Thozhargal Pirachchara Maiyyam, Kuwait - Jan.’ 2019
- Best Tamil Teacher Award - Tamilosai Poets Association, Kuwait - Dec.’ 2018
- Best Social Worker Award - Ministry of Awqaf & Islamic Affairs of Kuwait under the Al-Bareerah Project - July.’ 2018
- Kavikko Award – Media 7 Web TV, Chennai - Aug.’ 2017
- Best Social Worker Award - Tamilosai Poets Association, Kuwait - Feb.’ 2016
- Best Social Activities Award - Net Achievers Forum, Kuwait - Jan.’ 2015