Nachni Upma with Soy Kheema
• Nachni soaked, cooked in pressure cooker, drained- 1 cup
• Soy nuggets kheema, cooked- 1 cup
• Onion, chopped- 1 medium
• Green chili, chopped- 2 no
• Carrot, small cubes, cooked- ¼ cup
• Green beans, small cubes, cooked- ¼ cup
• Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
• Split urad dal- 1tsp
• Broken cashew nuts- 1 tbsp
• Asafetida- ¼ tsp
• Curry leaves- 3 to 4
• Lime juice- ½ tbsp
• Coriander leaves, chopped- handful
• Oil- 1 tbsp
• Salt- to taste
• Soak whole nachni in water for 4 to 5 hours. Cook it in a pressure cooker until done. Preferably allow three whistles. Drain and set aside.
• Soak the soy kheema in water for 20 minutes. Cook it in a pan with water and salt. Then drain out all water. Keep aside.
• Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
• When the seeds crackle, add the asafetida, broken cashew nuts, urad dal, curry leaves, green chilies, onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
• Add the carrots, green beans and sauté on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
• Add cooked nachni, soy mixture and salt, and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
• Sprinkle little water while stirring continuously.
• Add the coriander and lime juice. Mix well, cover and set aside for 2 to 3 minutes.
• Serve hot.